Robert K. Flowers
Mr. Flowers attended Southern Polytechnic State University and received a Bachelor of Architectural Engineering Technology degree. In his more than 30 years of experience, he has been responsible for the planning, development and management of major capital improvement programs totaling over $4 billion in new construction and renovation projects. He is a recognized leader in school facilities and has presented to both local and national audiences, including the Council of Educational Facility Planners International Conferences in Denver and Chicago. His skill in facility planning and program management has earned him numerous local and national awards for excellence and effectiveness.
Mr. Flowers is experienced in all aspects of Long Range Facility Planning of educational facilities and has developed numerous five-year Local Facility Plans, securing hundreds of millions in Capital Outlay Funding. He has extensive experience in the area of educational Facility Condition Assessments, having managed condition assessments for more than 1,800 school buildings.
Benefiting from his extensive experience, Mr. Flowers has been instrumental in the planning of successful SPLOST referendums for many school systems.
In the area of Program Management, Mr. Flowers has managed the planning and construction of 29 new educational facilities, numerous additions, and renovation of more than 100 existing occupied facilities. He has managed architects and engineers in all aspects of facility planning, program development, budget development and design of hundreds of projects.
Fulton County Schools Provided facility planning and program management for multiple capital improvement programs totaling more than $3 billion
Bibb County Schools Provided facility planning and program management for multiple capital improvement programs totaling more than $340M that included two LEED certified high schools.
Cobb County Schools - Facilities Provided facility planning and development of a $700M capital improvement program
Parrish Construction Group Provided comprehensive facility planning services for K-12 and university systems
- Recipient of six Build Georgia Awards, Celebrating Construction Excellence
- Honored by Bibb County Board of Education with the Beacon of Light award for “sustained excellence in the Bibb County School District”
- Selected for “Who’s Who in the Building Market” by Buildings Magazine (September, 2008). Only 44 organizations nationwide were selected for this honor.
- Featured in the Summer 2009 edition of Design, Develop, Construct Journal, the editors noted “Bibb County is not looking to simply create new schools, but to create high-performance facilities.”
- 2010 recipient of the FMXexcellence Recognition (one of ten in the nation) from Building Operating Management Magazine. Says Edward Sullivan, Building Operating Management Editor, “You and the other honorees represent the very best of facility management today.”